Quotes

"If I can’t hear His words, Then I will speak them. If I can’t feel His touch, His touch I’ll give. And I’ll rejoice because my Lord called even me, And by His teachings I’ll always live." -Thomas (Savior of the World)

Monday, January 8, 2007

So I failed on writing on Sunday. I had forgotten that we go to my grandma's every Fast Sunday so I failed to plan time to write. I figure the day after is almost as good.
Today we finally got back to normal as far as our work load is concerned. The few weeks before and after the holidays have been really slow. We had nothing to do because all of the people who work there take their vacation time at the same time that the General Authorities take their time off. Everyone said that Summer gets really slow also.
Since we had so much time we actually watched a few movies. There is an auditorium that is on the main floor of the Church office building that we watched a couple of them in. There are three large screens and really good surround sound so we couldn't pass the opportunity up. I felt bad wasting our time like that but there really wasn't anything to do.
We have had a big change in our mission today; Elder Felice left us. His year was up and today was the first day of him not being there. i know I have not said a whole lot about him but we can definitely feel a hole without him here. I think the only way to describe him is very rambunctious. We constantly had to remind him to be quite and calm down. Daily we heard from the people working around us about Elder Felice. They always had something to say about seeing if we could keep the noise level down and they always referred to "the one Elder, the big one". Life will not be as exciting as it was with him here.
Saturday was the callbacks for the Nauvoo performing mission. I think it went pretty well. There were some people who were definitely better than me but there were also some not quite as good. Oh my that sounds conceited. It is the truth though. You can tell when people have more improvement that can happen. I guess I was about middle of the road. At least I wasn't totally embarrassed.
In the callbacks they had Solo singing, Part singing, Cold reading, dance and a part where we introduced ourselves. Of course I had to tell about my family in my introduction and there were a lot of audible gasps when I said "the oldest of 13 kids". I think my worst part of the callbacks was the dancing part. I can dance but when they try to get me to memorize it in just a couple of run through's I get lost. In the solo part I only sang part of my song. There is one chord in the middle that kind of resolves and it holds for a couple of counts. I guess people thought that was the end and they started clapping. It was right before the climax of the song and a whole verse left. I just ended up stopping right there. It worked out.
I am not sure when we hear back about who made it but I thought it was supposed to be today so I am dying. I have the attitude that whatever happens is in the Lords hands. If I am supposed to go I will be chosen but if I need to stay here then I wont be selected. I have been pretty calm about it until about 6:30 tonight. I must admit I got really anxious and I still am. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens and accept what I am given.

No comments: