Quotes

"If I can’t hear His words, Then I will speak them. If I can’t feel His touch, His touch I’ll give. And I’ll rejoice because my Lord called even me, And by His teachings I’ll always live." -Thomas (Savior of the World)

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I feel like it has been a while since I last updated this but it has only been five days. I guess that is longer than I should let it go. There has been a lot of stuff going on this week. Well lets see...

I don't know how many of you know but I auditioned for a performing mission in Nauvoo. There is a group of twenty young missionaries who go to Nauvoo during the summer and put on a myriad of shows and act as tour guides during the summer. On Wednesday I think it was, I got a letter back telling me that I had made call backs!! I couldn't believe it. Out of hundreds of people who auditioned they wanted to see me again. I figured it would be fun to audition but when I learned how many people auditioned and how accomplished some of them are I pretty much counted myself out. Getting called back was really awesome. Callbacks are on January 6th so we shall see how it goes.

I had an interesting thing happen to me the other day. Elder Harwell and I were waiting to cross the street to get into the Conference Center when a Hispanic couple offered us some money. I had heard that missionaries run into people who give them money but I never expected it to happen to me. We tried to tell them that we were service missionaries and we still live at home therefore, we didn't need the money. We couldn't just walk away because we had TV's in our hands and that would be kind of rude. After refusing it a few times we finally accepted because they would not give up and were holding up traffic. (they were in there car) After they had went we counted the money and it came out to be six dollars for each of us. I felt really bad accepting it and decided I should probably give it to fast offerings. It was kind of interesting.

There has been quite a bit going on this week for me. My bishop asked me to speak in church this week and only gave me four days notice; then he doesn't even tell me the subject until Friday. Needless to say, I got a little antsy. I planned on writing it Saturday night but then I had to babysit and Malia (the baby) was having troubles. I ended up throwing something together an hour before church started. I guess it went alright though because I got some positive feedback. I just hope my ineptitude didn't impede the spirit from touching others in sacrament meeting. Also, I got to sing in Relief Society today. I had a voice recital this Saturday night too. I guess that was not a whole ton but combined with preparations and my other daily things it got a little crazy. I am glad to have all of it done with though. It does feel good to be so busy and productive though.

I know I will think of more to say latter but for now this will suffice. I hope that as Christmas draws near we try to find room for our Savior. Do something conscientiously that brings you or some one else closer to him. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hey, 你好!
I hope you make it, eh! That would be soooo tight! (tight is my new favorite word)
And yes, people do like to give missionaries money. And you are also right, we're not supposed to take it. But when they do it out of car windows, it seems like we have no choice. We had someone do that exact thing to us in Uptown Waterloo. He leaned out the window and said, "Elders! The spirit is telling me to buy you lunch!" My companions, Elder Reed and Elder Dong, made Sushi with it. (Only because we really didn't have any food.;))
It's good to hear so many adventures! Keep on posting!
PS, I'm sending you a card soon, so I haven't forgotten you. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, I'm just so slow.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

if you make the navuoo thing i'm most definately might come out and see you. ;) my parents still owe me a senior trip and navuoo is perfectly understandable. hehehe hope you make it. i remember them when i went out there for the open house. it was amazing to have them singing and playing the violin for us. good things happen there. good luck!