Quotes

"If I can’t hear His words, Then I will speak them. If I can’t feel His touch, His touch I’ll give. And I’ll rejoice because my Lord called even me, And by His teachings I’ll always live." -Thomas (Savior of the World)

Thursday, December 7, 2006

Hey everyone. Thanks for all your comments I love checking the blog and reading what people have to say. I have to say sorry for the format of these posts. I cant figure out how to get paragraphs or any kind of indentiation to show. I swear I am not that ignorant on the proper way to write.

I have been keeping really busy during the day and during the nights so I am finally starting to feel like I am accomplishing something. Of course it wears me out also. It is a little embarrasing to see how often I want to just sleep or lie down. This is a good sign though. It means that I am hard at work.

I just had a meeting with a lady that I work for from the casting agency. She has a new project in mind that she wanted a few people to work on and she wanted the missionaries that have already been doing stuff like it. Her project is to clean out the whole database of people who have auditioned throught (how do you spell that?) the years. A lot of the info that is in there is either oudated or has been entered innacurately. Since I have been working with the database she wants me to add this to my duties. I was glad to do it because now it means I will have contact with people and not be sitting behind the computer all day. I never thought I would say this but I am actually glad to be able call people and talk on the phone. OH, ther ar three missionaries assigned to this and one employee. The employee is one of my friends Mandi Mendenhall! Out of all the people in provo and all the people that work for the Motion Picture Studio Mandi is the one I will be coordinating with. We will see how much contact we really have though. I might be excited for nothing.

Another really exciting thing happened to me recently. We had a christmas devotional for the whole audiovisual department in the Curch Office Building. Every department has an Apostle assigned to oversee it and the Apostle over Audiovisual is Elder L. Tom Perry. He spoke at the devotional and afterwards I got to shake his hand and speak with him for a couple of minutes. Mostly he just welcomed me and said how great it was that I was willing to come serve the church in this capacity. It was really neat. I had no idea how big he is! He is at least as tall as me and is pretty broad. He used to be in the Marine Corp so I think that is where he gets the broadness.

Within our little "eldership" we are supposed to have gospel discussions everyday. I just found this out. We havent ever really done them so I was surprised to find we were supposed to. From now on I am going to try and get us to do it everyday. Of course I got really into the idea of doing it more often so Elder Andrus decided to have me give the "lesson" that day. I only had two minutes to prepare so I whipped out Preach my Gospel and decided to teach the Christlike attribute of Hope. I was a little nervous but it seemed to go okay. I guess that is what missionary work is about, using the spirit and teaching on the spur of the moment. Of course full time misionaries get to go to the MTC and focus on learning and how to teach and then they get to prepare what they want to teach everyday. I just got thrown into it. (I know, I know, I am whining. I will learn.)

I am excited to get to learn knew things and I can definitely see where I can grow and what I can improve on. One thing I am learning is that there are multiple ways to serve the lord and all of them are important. We may have our hopes set on a certain thing but the lord has a different plan. The trick is to not get angry, frustrated, or downhearted. Just take what is given you and decide to fill the calling the best you can.

No comments: