Quotes

"If I can’t hear His words, Then I will speak them. If I can’t feel His touch, His touch I’ll give. And I’ll rejoice because my Lord called even me, And by His teachings I’ll always live." -Thomas (Savior of the World)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Well here I go again. This one probably wont be as long as the last...I hope. I have been pretty busy lately. It does wear on me but it feels good to be busy and doing things so I am okay with it. Some day I will stop yawning.

I finally have started doing more in my mission. They finally trained me on how to do the task they originally planned on me doing. What I do is scan in pictures and resume's for all the people who audition for the Motion Picture Studio in Provo. It is kind of cool to see all these people and what there experience's have been. I have also seen some pretty cool people. I had to do the resume for the guy who is the dad in the Testaments and the main character in Brigham city. I also did Hyrum in the Joseph Smith movie, the black guy on murder she wrote and matlock and some others that were fun to see. I know I am probably being a little childish but I thought it was fun. Of course it can get pretty tedious but if this is where the lord wants me then I will push on.

I found a new perk to this mission though. Every time there is a meeting that has food with it then when we go to take down all the equipment we get any extras that there are. The other elders have told me that at conference time they get a feast almost every day! YUUUMMMMYYY. Beleive me, to a guy food is a very important thing; it make a job so much easier.

Nights are going to get really empty after December. Savior of the World will be done and my performances will be done. It has really been crazy trying to get all of my songs ready. I auditioned for a Nauvoo performing mission, I have a christmas recital for voice coming up, a singing group I am in is performing this month, and I am singing in my wards relief society. Ahhh! I know there are a lot of amazing people out there that would say that would be easy but to me that's crazy!

On a more serious note I got the final okay to go to the temple. It took a while but it is finally happening. I actually think that having to wait to go to the temple was a good thing. It is not in the middle of everything and it has given me time to think about it and realize how important the temple is. I dont know exactly when I will go but it will be soon.

Thank you all for your friendship and support. I know that part of the reason I was able to hold up so well going through this whole mission process was because of you guys. All of your comments of encouragement meant a lot to me. Sometimes I was worried that people would think worse of me and rumors would go around because of the nature of all of this. Anyway, thank you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elder Walker i'm so proud of you. I'm also so excited for you. Its an unusual mission thats to be sure but a mission is still a mission no matter where it is or what it is and i know you'll do amazing. I'm going to be reading your blog constantly now ;)

Kendra said...

Your mission sounds so exciting! You get to take your music and acting with you. And as for the temple... although I do not know why you were not able to go, I am way excited that you can go. Your blogs are nice to read and I will keep looking at them for a while.

Anonymous said...

Elder Walker,
Boy that is still weird to call you that but it is cool at the same time! You know, that is so cool that you actually get to go to the temple. I think that it would be very hard for me to go on a mission like this one, none the less not get to go to the temple. So I am very happy that you get to go and participate in that! I have to wait most likely for a LONG TIME!!!! Just keep trying to do everything that needs to be done and you will do well!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, so the way to man's heart really is through his stomach. I guess I'm in danger of becoming an old maid then. I can't cook worth beans. Heck, I can't cook beans! ;)

Any-dang-way, this is so cool Elder. Your MISSION is so cool. YOU are so cool! The coolness is all over this blog. Wow...I've been at school too long, I think it's frazzling my brains. (yes...plural brains. I have several. One in my head, one in my right knee, one in each pinky toe).

Stopping that train of thought while I'm behind. o_O

Anyway, enough of the randomness. What I meant by this being so cool is that I'm excited for A)this blog, and B)your going through the temple. Schweet.

Elder Walker said...

I didnt say food was the way to a guys heart. I just said that it is a perk for doing a job. As long as it goes in the mouth and to the stomach we will eat it. (okay os not in all cases)